Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oct 15

I have had one comment from Whited Sepulchre, asking if I see any difference between Republican and Democratic party.
Actually, I don't think so. What I do think is that we need two parties, fighting each other.
I lived in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas during the fifties, when there was only one party in that county (Democrats). It was corrupt. That is the county where Lyndon Johnson got his extra votes.
On the other hand, I do not want to see a strong minority third party. That third party can hold hostage the government, as in Israel. The Orthodox Party keeps the religious laws in place.

I think the Republicans have had their turn. Now it is time to have the Democrats.
By the way, I never voted for LBJ. During the sixties, I votd the Prohibition Party in Michigan. In 1976 I was on a third party ticket.

No comments: