Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SHARDS FROM THE PAST

This is an account of a Journey through time/space, from one world to another. The story begins in a rural village and ends in an imperial city of light. My generation came of age in a science fiction world, a world for which we were not prepared. What I never understood from all my reading of history is that culture change idual. History books condense generations into one page, and one never gets the notion that every year sees an almost imperceptible alteration, like the design of automobiles where small annual chages accumulate until the design is completely different. > > > Memories are not linear, like a documentary. They hop and skip around, highlighted with strobe lights. I can arrange my memories in some sort of chronological order. My earliest memory is finding that my baby sister had arrived. She was born at home, in an apartment in a boy's dormitory at Ellsworth College where my father was a history professor. I came home in the morning to find her sleeping in a bassinet, covered by my blanket. I walked across and snatched my blanket. I was three years old. > > to be continued

No comments: