Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kathy Reichs

Noon. Slept in. Walked dogs, ate breakfast. I plan to do some sewing before running errands. I want to finish string quilt.
Reich's book influenced my dreams. I dreamed I was somehow trying to do something with a cult which had designated Ronald Reagan as a saint. They were having some kind of ritual around a tree.
*Devil Bones* is about exotic religions. Mostly African religions with Catholicism superimposed, voodoo in Haiti, santera in Cuba. something else in Mexico.
I feel better about the TV show, learning from the book jacket that it is a prequel to the books. about Temperance Brennan when she was young.

Ft. Woof was a hoot last night. Blitzen likes to stir up the big dogs --on the other side of the fence. At one time eight big dogs were racing on one side of the fence and five little dogs on the other side of the fence.

Somehow the day has wandered off. Began to listen to *Bitterroot* by James Lee Burke. I only get sewing done if I listen to tape. Off to Ft. Woof at six. The days are getting shorter.

BOOK REVIEW:
Kathy Reichs, *Devil Bones*
forensic anthropology. Temperance brennan. bones and a headless body and a policeman shot. Complicated plot.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: