Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10, 2010

Yes, Paulette, *Bone Collector* was a movie starring Denzel Washington.

up at 9:45 am. Takes forever to boot up my computer. No reading today until I do some work.
I am piecing quilt blocks. I keep finding beginnings of projects. I have five or six lap quilts underway. All are improvisational log cabins. See black and red for design. Log cabins are strips sewn in such a way that block is half dark and half light.
I have a pile of blocks. I pin a strip on each block. Then I sew the pile one by one. Then I press. Then I sew another strip.
Meanwhile I have some caftan shirts cut out.
Most of my quilter friends have projects like this. Last year people gave me boxes of scraps.

One of my neighbors believes that an evil spirit inhabits her apartment. She hears noises in the ceiling.

My neighbor, Helen, is back in the hospital. We dont know why.

Well, then we harnessed up and drove to Martha's where leftover food was waiting. Apparently Jeff cooks a whole recipe of soup and so much is left over. It is always delish. Then I found my way across Arlington to Pup's. I remember how to drive from east to west, but driving west to east is so confusing.
We are working on the green and yellow batik.

Blitkrieg's Tale
Lady Chica's Tale
What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's.

BOOK REVIEW
John Sandford, *The Fool's Run* (1989)
This was first published under the author's real name, John Camp. Camp had written another novel (the first Prey) and his publisher demanded a pseudonym. Hence John Sandford was born.
This novel stars Kidd. Obviously Lucas Davenport beat out Kidd, who does have cameo roles in the Prey series.
Kidd is an artist by day, supporting his habit (art supplies) by doing computer stuff by night. The computer stuff is awfully dated. They dont yet have email. I guess Camp was ahead of the times in having his hero a computer nerd.
In this novel, Kidd is hired by one company to ruin another company.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: