Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday May 25

Determined to get to Sunday School.

Lady Chica always wonders how I can feel comfortable going off by myself without the pack. Anyhow I even got a parking place in the front lot. That's how early I was. Back home getting lunch.

Joseph Haywood wrote a book titled *Strike Dog*. I have asked and asked for months what that term means. Here is Haywood's reply:
Comments: What is a strike dog? Is that a nickname?[Dear Elizabeth: a
> strike dog is not a nickanme, but a technical term for the lead dog in a
> pack of dogs used to hunt bears. It is the dog with the best nose and it
> is used to "strike" or locate the trail. When it does, the rest of the
> pack is released to follow the strike dog and togethr to tree their
> quarry. Joe]


After my nap we went to Ft. Woof. Not very many dogs. Some people are so silly. They have to show their dogs where the water is. And they try to get the dogs to drink.

This heat is getting to me or I am coming down with something. I have been lying in bed listening to Cat Who on tape.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: