Thursday, August 7, 2008

Delectable Mountains

The Bible never talks about how Jesus handled recalcitrant followers. I can hear them now, "Jesus, I come from the same village as Hezakiah and you turned the water into wine at his wedding. I have a right to have you turn the water into wine at my wedding."

We got up at 10 am and raced to Ft. Woof. I did stop for coffee this morning. Park was not bad with a breeze blowing and shade. Most of the time we were the only small dogs. Rascal came for a while. His owners think he is a whippet but I think he may be a saluki.
Blitzen pulled a Lady Chica on me when it came time to go home. Usually he waits at the gate.

I came home and took a nap. This evening I spent the evening at Marilyn's chatting with Oda Mae and Mildred.


BOOK REVIEW
Earlene Fowler, *Delectable Mountains*
The title of each book in this series is the name of a quilt pattern. Delectable Mountains were the destination of Bunyan in Pilgrim's Progress. This has to do with the plot of the book. Benni Harper directs a children's play of an adaptation of Pilgrim's Progress. The church maintenance man is killed in front of the altar and an antique violin is stolen.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: