Monday, August 4, 2008

Killer Angels

10 am Well, I am up and walking. PPQS meeting tonight. Meanwhile I stay indoors.

I stayed inside all day except for walking the dogs. Tonight we all went over to Lea's. Lea's dog, Pup, was lying in the hole he had dug. Next to him Blitzen was lying in a hole he had dug. Shades of Hank the Cowdog. Meanwhile Lady Chica was barking at the mice.

Our topic tonight was medicare. Lea is contemplating medicare four years from now.

BOOK REVIEW
Michael Shaara, *Killer Angels*
Listened to it on tape. It is easier for me bc narrator uses different voices. This book was published in 1974 and was used for *Gettysburg*. Everybody should know about it by now.
It is a "fictional" account of the Battle of Gettysburg. Strange how suspense builds as Pickett's charge nears. I remember the scene from Ken Burns' documentary of the 25th reunion at Gettysburg. As the Rebs come forward, the Yanks run down to meet them and they all hug.

I think wars are so stupid. Twenty-five years later the combatants are friends.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: