Sunday, August 31, 2008

Carolyn Hart

Woke at 5 am with a nightmare. My sister says it is the books I read. Actually listening to books on tape is worse.
Pushed snooze button four times. Thot of my son. Saturday (yesterday) he had the day off. He deliberately set alarm in order to push snooze button several times

My friend, Nan, is denomination searching. She wished to visit Arlington Unitarian Universalist church, and I suggested that I would accompany her so that she would not feel so strange. first I explained that Arlington UU was a church in name only, that it was de facto a fellowship. Nan asked what was the difference. Well, today must have shown her. It was *Do It Yourself* Sunday. Members share poems and pieces of reading. One member recited *The Owl and the Pussycat*. She told her story and it was clear that the poem had deep meaning for her. She and a friend used to recite it over the phone.
Today was also potluck. Nan decided to go home. Lea asked if I would go with her to La Madelaine, where I had a spinach thing.
Lea and I are fast friends. We agree that the most important equipment for a trip is books. So we went to Half Price books to pick up some paper backs. I mean, we did pay for them
I came home and took a nap until Lady Chica decided I needed to get up and licked my face over and over. Temp is 93 degrees. We are off to Ft. Woof.

BOOK REVIEW
Carolyn Hart, *April Fool Dead*
chick book. The heroine owns a book store selling mysteries on an island. She is holding a puzzle thing to publicize a book signing. Somebody fakes a list of clues all having to do with dark secrets people are hiding. One of a series.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: