Friday, August 8, 2008

Marcia Muller

Woke at 8 am. Sky was overcast. So we hightailed it over to Ft. Woof where we met Judy. Yeah. Mower was in small dog park. So we sat in big dog park near where Blitzen escapes so that we could watch Blitzen. Then a huge intact male pit bull arrived. So we retired to small dog park. Meanwhile Blitzen escaped in another place in the fence. Fortunately he joined us in the small dog park. Judy and I chatted away for two hours.

I took a long nap. Then I went over to chat with Marilyn and found myself watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games. I am glad I did not miss that. Incredible.

BOOK REVIEW
Marcia Muller, *Where Echoes Live*
Yeah. This is the book where Sharon McCone meets Hi Ripinsky, whom she later marries. It is a very complex plot, concerning a company who scams land out of the BLM. Somehow one can buy federal land if one stakes a mining claim. I don't understand it. Companies fake gold mines in order to buy land cheap.

No comments: