Thursday, August 28, 2008

William Bernhardt

Wed nite at the dog park. Blitzen seems to need to re-establish himself. He goes around humping various dogs. Meanwhile Lady Chica has become friendly. She has come and sat on the table under the shelter. Making up to people.
Just ordered a trial version of earthlink. I may change providers.

The bigots were out in the park tonight. Some people are so racist.

Thursday morning. I gave Marilyn a wakeup call at eight and planned to go back to sleep, but I am wide awake. I am so agile these days. Walking on the beach did me so much good. We are going to stitch workshop at Club House.

What a busy morning. Attended Stitchin Time. That teacher gave each of us triangles to make one quilt block of flower garden. Wow.
Martha emailed me offering leftover shrimp scampi if I drove over and picked it up. Yes!!!! It was out of this world. I have monk fish besides.
Then off far far away to post office to pick up mail.
Now for a nap.

I never did get to sleep, I don't think. Maybe I did. I got up and have been sewing furiously on my string quilt top. Listening to novel by William Bernard.

BOOK REVIEW
William Bernhardt, *Dark Eye*
When I listen to books on tape I get into them. I feel as if I were in Las Vegas. Bernhardt's books are different. Serial killer in Las Vegas. The protagonist is a woman profiler who is an alcoholic and keeps drinking. I hope it has a happy ending. I am on disc six of eleven.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: