Friday, August 29, 2008

Patricia Cornwall

I woke from a strange dream. I am not exactly sure what happened, but I was in a protest meeting of some sort. I was suddenly asked to give a lecture off the top of my head on the status of women. So I went to the podium and began. In the audience was a woman buck naked, as protest (forget burning your bra). Of course, she had precedence. Isaiah did this in Biblical times. He was reminding people that as prisoners of war they would be paraded naked through the streets.

I slept until eleven. I was tired.My walking on the beach did me a world of good, releasing my ham strings. I can now squat!!!

Well, I wish I used the phone more frequently. I am needing innoculation for going to Mexico.
I drove over to Public Health in Arlington. They gave me a piece of paper with phone number and I have made reservations for Tuesday after Baptist Center. I had forgotten this was Labor Day weekend, and the traffic was horrendous. Almost worse than Houston.

I stopped off at Sonic and treated myself and Marilyn to a fried ice cream Sonic blast. that was so good. Then I came home and slept for two hours. I was tired.

I have not listened to books on tape nor sewed a stitch. Off to Ft. Woof.


BOOK REVIEW
Patricia Cornwall, *Trace*
Scarpetta novel. I prefer the early Cromwell, but this was welldone altho depressing. Five years after she was fired as Chief Medical Examiner in VA, Scarpetta returns to Richmond to consult on a case. Trace refers to traces of bone ashes and paint found in two disparate corpses. Scarpetta is accused of carelessness.

No comments: