Tuesday, August 12, 2008

James Lee Burke

8 am. Up in time to eat breakfast. Still sleepy. No pains this morning.
Staffing reception desk at Baptist Center and busier than if open. All morning I answered questions. We are closed bc at 1 PM we are giving out 1200 school uniforms.

PPQS is Philosophical Paleontology and Quilting Society

I came home, ate lunch and took a nap. Then we dashed to Ft. Woof. Then I went off to have dinner with Leta. Leta is a great cook. We had goulash.

On the way to the meeting I was almost run over by a police chase. I was in the near lane when a great big white van was racing down the center line. Right behind him was a screaming police van. I meanwhile got into the outer lane. Then another police car came screaming. Then another police car came screaming. By then I was totally disoriented. I turned at the wrong corner. Then I met the three police cars come screaming back. I did manage to get to the meeting.


BOOK REVIEW
James Lee Burke, *Moon of the Painted Ponies*
I am only on cassette four of nine. His protagonist is BillyBob the Texas lawyer who has moved to Montana. He defends Johnny American Horse who dreams of red ponies.

I have two other books underway.
I will be going out of town next week. I will be returning all my library books.
We are having a Memorial Reunion on Libby's birthday. LIbby is my daughter who died in 2006.

No comments: