Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10, 2010

10:30 am. Debating about going back to bed. My journall has been dull lately. I am recovering from having teeth pulled. It takes a lot of energy.

My need for sleep seems insatiable. I slept until Martha woke me at 12:30 noon to finalize arrangements for tomorrow. We are going on the Spring Blossom tour at Dallas Arboretum. I have to choose between lunch at Cheesecake Factory and lunch at Blue Mesa. And the Wedding. Many of us are going to Greenbay WI for Martha's wedding. I am sharing a hotel room with my granddaughter. , Brianna. The grandchildren have been put in charge of me.

Well, we went to the park. Not many dogs and most were strangers. Only the little bulldog Kevin. Kevin and Blitzen have come to some arrangement. They ignore each other.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Cassius was there this afternoon and we got a lot of running in. All of us were tired out. I sat in the wading pool for a while.

Lady Chica's Tale
Cassius is a boxer who is a year old. He just loves to run. I dont know much about him. He just runs. Killer is a little wimp, some kind of herding dog. He got in Cassius way and C had to jump over him. He kept trying to pick a fight with Cassius. Silly dog. He is half the size of C.

Took another nap.

BOOK REVIEW
Jeffery Deaver, *The Stone Monkey* (2002)
Lincoln Rhyme series. Rhyme is a forensic scientist rendered quadreplegic after an accident.
Now he consults with NYPD from his wheel chair. This is an interesting book and I wish I had not looked at the last chapter. Real surprise.
A cargo ship sinks off Long Island. Aboard the ship are illegal immigrants from China. Some manage to survive as does the "snakehead" (coyote) smuggling them into the country. The Ghost as the snakehead is called sets out to find and kill the illegals while Rhyme and various agencies hunt the Ghost. The story ends mostly happy.

No comments: