Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11, 2010

7 AM Up for a pit stop. I was having a dream but it has slipped awyay. I have slept well. I am going with Martha and jeff to visit the Spring Blossom show at Dallas Arboretum. Then we will have lunch.
Up at 9:30 am. Whine. Whine. Complain Complain. Every morning I have to walk around getting ---

I managed to feed and walk dogs, get dressed, ready by 11:30. Dallas Arboretum is on the other side of dallas. The azalea were out of this world. We had never seen them in full bloom. They were gorgeous. So many of them.
We walked for an hour and a half. We sat down and rested every so often.

Then we went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory. I couldn't make up my mind and Martha wanted dessert. I had shephards pie. Meat mixture with mashed potatoes on top. Good. I took a piece of cheesecake home. I have never tasted cheesecake like that.

They drove me home. The dogs allowed me to sleep for two hours. Then Blitzen barked and Lady Chica licked my face. I was forced to get up and we went to the park. Not many people there. Dogs found things to chase, like horses in the distance.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
We couldn't get the busters going. On sunday people are there who only come once in a while. They dont understand how to make it happen. We saw horses off across the field.

Lady Chica's Tale
Well, we got a lot of running back and forth to the front fence and back again. None of the big dogs would run. One little bird dog was scared of me on the other side of the fence.

8 PM I may just go to bed. I am tired.

BOOK REVIEW
Harold Rollins, *Hard Rain*, (2008)
I hope his hard rain is fantasy. It is radioactive waste from munitions.
Vin is a special investigator for the Air Force. He and his partner/former lover are sent to Turkey to investigate the murder of an AF officer.
The story is pure chase, from one murder to another, from falling into a cistern for four days, to a vast conspiracy.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: