Friday, April 9, 2010

April 9, 2010

After I managed to get myself up and over to the Senior Center, we did not have tai chi. A Health Fair was set up.
I took a virtual Alzheimer's Tour. I was debriefed with two younger women. I did not find it very strange. First of all, my normal mental state is such that reality is a buzzing surround. And age has slowed me down.
What frustrated the younger women was being so slow at doing tasks. We had to find a white jacket and put it on. Then we were to write 3 sentences to our family. Then fold towels. I never got to the other two tasks and had forgotten them. I was not frustrated.
The tour was set up to train aide workers in a care facility.

I came home, ate lunch and took a nap. Then off to the dog park where we stayed a couple hours in the perfect weather. Perfect. sunny and cool

Blitzkrieg's Tale
We did a lot of running off and on. Ray brot his wading pool and we surely enjoyed that. I like to walk around the edge of the field, smelling all the smells. I have to keep an eye on Mom, however, so that she doesn't leave without me.

Lady Chica's Tale
I had such a good time sitting in the wading pool. Nothing like a dip in the pool after a good run. Mom has been staying longer at the park in this nice weather. I just like to lie in the grass.

Well, I am missing part of Bill Moyer's journal, altho both Judy and I say it depresses us.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: