Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3, 2010

Southern Illinois University has a saluki for its mascot, because the univ is situated in Little Egypt. A saluki is, some say, the oldest breed of dog, Bedouins consider it sacred. It is a sight hunter in the desert. Altho how it got from a wolf to a saluki is beyond me. It looks like a whippet (a small greyhound).
I wore my saluki tee shirt to tai chi class. Nobody had heard of a saluki and one class member did not believe a univ would have a *dog* as a mascot.

Friday night. TV program New Tricks was a rerun.

I woke up at 11 am on Sat. How it got to eleven am is beyond me. Did some sewing. It was cold and now it is too warm. Planning to take a nap.

The dogs did not behave as usual at the park today. They sat around under and on the table. Chance barked at the fence and Buddy whined. Buddy whine barked. After a long time LC exploded toward the fence and they ran.
When I walked to the gate, both of them were there waiting. I dont remember LC ever doing that.

7 PM I am ready for another nap. I made bread pudding today. I am getting better at it.

BOOK REVIEW
John Sandford, *Dead Watch* (2006)
Stand alone. As I began reading I realized I had read this before and remembered every detail. Reading it again was soothing.
Jake Winter was in army intel in Afghanistan until he was wounded. Then he got a PhD and now consults with the president's office. As the book opens, he is called in to find a former senator who has disappeared. He meets the senator's wife with whom he begins an affair. The plot is tangled around itself. Great read.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: