Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010

Managed to get out of bed.

Baptist Center
10:00 am. So far 7 units. The first four people came before 9:30.
M (3), F (5), F(2). Here comes another customer.

Here is my job. A person comes in wanting groceries. First I ascertain their residence. People must live in a certain area of 76104. The food bank is fussy about that. We require a picture id and something mailed to the address.
I then look up the person on the computer. People can get groceries every thirty days. If the person has not gotten groceries recently, I give that person a number and he or she can go back to the food pantry.
Today we had three or four who did not live in the area. We had one person who came only three weeks ago. Judy showed her a list of other places to go and talked with her. (Judy is our director.)

So then I came home and took a nap.

The dogs insist on going to the park after I get up from my nap. The usual. I sat around chatting on such a lovely evening.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
I really got under the skin of that old bulldog on the other side of the fence. Ha ha. We had a lot of guys running. Came home all tired out.

Lady Chica's Tale
Buddy never came near the fence. Lots of guys to run with. Finally I just lay down on the grass. This little puppy came to play with me. He turned over on his back and I didn't really know what to do with him.

Andso it goes.

BOOK REVIEW
Lou Manfredo, *Rizzo's War* (2009)
This is a true police procedural. Joe Rizzo and Mike McQueen are New York policemen. The book is a day by day account of their activities.
I loved the book. Several reviews on Amazon.com and most found something to complain about. One reviewer called it an "almost book". It is not a thriller. No shooting. And they negotiated with the Hell's Angels.

finish

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: