Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5, 2010

The Northwest Passage has opened up with thawing of glaciers. THINK on NPR was interviewing an author who has written about hunting for Northwest Passage.

Met Judy at Wendy's. We discussed genetics, immune system, disease, a world wide pandemic as well as Outlander. We discussed why Outlander is so popular. Beaucoup web sites.

Came home and took a nap. Then off to the dog park. Eighty degrees and a perfect day. Dogs ran for a while. Sat chatting until twilight.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
I found a bratwurst lying just outside the fence. I dug a real deep hole but I couldn't get under the fence and Mom put me on a leash. Then old Chica started digging and she got put on a leash, too.

Lady Chica's Tale
We had packs of dogs running on both sides of the fence. Then Mom made me do that silly stuff of running thru tunnels. Afterwards Blitzen saw a bratwurst. I tried digging out and Mom put me on a leash, too. When we went home, she threw it in the trash can.

LC means that I went outside the fence and picked up the bratwurst. Otherwise Blitzen will spend the rest of his life trying to dig out.

BOOK REVIEW
no book today. I am reading, inch by inch, a book about WWI. I did not realize very much about WWI. I never understood why they had trenches and what they were trying to do. The brits dug trenches along the border between Belgium and France and were holding.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: