Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10, 2010

Up at 10 am. Took the dogs out. Thn we had to rush home and take a shower when Lady Xica got in the way of Blitzen's marksmanship.

I am depressed this morning. All my neighbors are in the hospital. (That is an exaggeration. Helen is in the hospital. Oda Mae and Russ are staying w/their son while Russ gets radiation treatments. I dont know where ----- is. Cant remember her name. She is in the first stages of Alzheimer's.)
I cant find my Xmas camera. I know it is hiding under a piece of fabric somewhere.

I keep trying to think of good things. Lea is overnighting our batik quilt to Colorado to the silent auction. An org called Power of Seven is raising money for breast cancer research. That recent book I read about silent dying had a lot of good stuff about cancer. Our quilt was mentioned on the radio. Lea bid on it her self.

The above paragraph is how I think, thots all jumbled together.

Noon. I was ready to kill Blitzen. He went beserk about the leaf blower going by and pulled the cover off my coffee table. But under the piles of junque was my camera. I feel so much better.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Lady Xica's Tale
What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's.

PPQS:
Lea and I began working on the green batik quilt.
Storm warning from 3 am to Friday 6 am. I intend to stay in the house tomorrow.

BOOK REVIEW
Faye Kellerman, *Blindman's Bluff* (2009)
I have read this before but enjoyed it enuf to read over again.
Peter Decker, LA police procedural. Blind man is a translator for the court. He is a peripheral character in a homicide investigation.
A wealthy man and his wife as well as security guards are killed on a remote ranch. The younger son is injured. Decker believes that the gunmen are hired killers, and he thinks that one of the surviving family members had hired them.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: