Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 3, 2010

Up at 11 AM. I went to sleep at midnight. So I had eleven hours of sleep. I had dreams where I was a spectator, like watching a movie.
My leg muscles are sore bc I was trying to hop yesterday. At Baptist Center, Nancy was talking about reading somewhere about doing jumping jacks. So I tried --- and failed. It takes strong leg muscles to jump.
Iwonder if Jack Lelayne is still alive and doing jumping jacks.

I am still sleepy -- noon -- altho Ihave not taken anti histamines. PPQS tonight. We go over to Pup's.

Word of the Day
Maginot Line. Before 1940, France built a system of defenses between it and Germany, called the Maginot Line. Impregnable.
In 1940 Rommel with his tanks, copying old Nathan Bedford Forrest (get there fustest with the mostest) swung through Belgium in a blitzkrieg (note:blitzkrieg), bypassing the Maginot Line and conquering France.

A friend of mine (native German) said that it is clear that my ancestors were Prussian. I never think of Germans as conquering warriors. They conquered the Romans and conquered France. The only reason the US won the war is that a lot of Germans settled in the U.S. Germans and irish. Ferocious barbarians. (Just call them Texans).

Took another nap. This seems to be physical need, not depression escape. It takes a long time to recover from hopping. Lucas Davenport said that when he played hockey in college, he was fine the next day. In his forties, it takes two or three days to recover. I wonder what it will be like when he is in his 80's.
I am determined to do a jumping jack.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Lady Xica's Tale
What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's.

The dogs had a good time. They came home and played and chased each other around the house.

Lea quilted the border of the batik quilt while I finished the scrapbook for the Puerto Vllarta vacation.

BOOK REVIEW
Jan Burke, *Hocus* (1997)
Burke's novels always contain some ancient crime surfacing to cause trouble. Irene Kelly is a newspaper reporter married to a homicide dick, Frank Harrison. In this book Frank is kidnapped by a group called *Hocus*. Hocus means hoax. First they infiltrate a bank computer and turn off requirement for fees. Then the library, erasing fines. Tricks.

Frank arrests two members and then Frank is kidnapped by the group. Held hostage. A complex plot unwinds.

No comments: