Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 13, 2010

Friday night
Watched the opening of the Olympic Games. I switched to PBS to watch *new Tricks* and *Waking the Dead*. Switched back in time to see the torch lit.
As usual, I did not really understand the ending of Waking the Dead.

At 9:30 Lady Xica demanded breakfast. I couldn't get back to sleep and the dogs were restless. So we went off to the dog park. The park was one big puddle overlaid with snow. There were leftover snowmen melting. It was warm enuf for me to be wearing only a sweat shirt not a jacket.
LC came home all muddy. So we had to take a shower.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
The park was weird. There was a lot of water and all of that funny stuff. I had a good time chasing dogs and monitoring a fight. Mom plans to get me a black and white striped referee shirt.

Lady Chica's tale
I came home all muddy and we had a shower. I mostly just stayed at the front fence monitoring the cars.

At two I slept until 4:30. I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, my first. Did not care for it. Will not repeat. At some point I went to sleep again until 7 PM. I am so tired from walking thru the snow.

BOOK REVIEW
Bill Crider, *Of all Sad Words* (2008)
Sheriff Dan Rhodes has revised the poem:
Of all sad words of tongue and pen
The saddest of these are:
It seemed like a good thing. [Reminds me of what Dan in Sunday School class was saying.)
Rhodes ran a Citizens Sheriff's Academy and now he has vigilantes helping his investigations. A trailer house blew up, they found a body in the woods and then a still. It seems that drinking moonshine has become a fad. But everything ends happily and the citizens help set up the web page.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: