Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25, 2010

Up at 9:30 but I feel a front coming in. Lea suggested it might be nerve damage. Meaning my nerves react to a coming front.
Sun is shining. I need to go to post office. The little satellite has weird hours.

Well, Brianna's xmas/bday present is off in the mail. Dropped off library book due today. Took dogs to small park nearby. New smells. New smells. New smells. I let LC off the leash and she ran circles around me. She loves to play chase.

Blitkrieg's Tale
Mom took us to a new park. All the new smells were so exciting. Mom let LC off the leash and she likes to play games. It is not fair that she got to run all over the park.
Well, at the big park we got to run a lot. Buddy and Chance were both there and lots of dogs ran on both sides.

Lady Xica's Tale
I had a great run. We went to a new park and Mom let me off the leash. It is such fun to tease Mom. I run up and then swerve off. She gets frustrated!!!!!
I am exhausted tonight. I ran and ran and ran and ran. Finally I was ready to go home. It started to rain.

I keep telling myself I need the sleep. I am healing.

BOOK REVIEW
Robert Crais, *The First Rule* (2010)
This is the first book I have read published in 2010. Elvis Cole and Joe Pike. The First Rule has to do with Serbian mafia --- your only family is the gang.
After leaving the Service, Joe Pike was a military contractor, i.e. mercenary. Now he is a PI in LA. One of his unit is killed in a home invasion along with family. Joe Pike takes care of his own altho it has been ten years since they served together in the military contract.
The killers are involved with Serbian mafia who are bringing in guns from Korea. Not recommended for sensitive readers.

No comments: