Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4, 2010

I had a dream that was like a novel. The time seemed to be just before the Civil War, like about 1860. I was on a church mission trip to the south. (Actually I think this might have been illegal.) My fiance, resembling Jamie Fraser, was with a management training group for a mining company using slave labor. (i have been reading about Spaniards use of slavesin Peru.) He came to the conclusion that he could not work with slave labor. So he was quitting.

I was perturbed about slavery. So I planned to go home. My parents drove down toget me. (A lot of anachronisms in this dream.) Eva R was in the mission grp and plannedto go home with me. Then she went to visit Mia who had just immigrated from Germany. Eva came back the morning we were to leae completely amnesic about our plans. Mia had invited her to stay as a house guest and Mia was wealthy and the house was luxurious. On and on and the dream ended.


Two responses to yesterday's journall. Jack LaLayne is still alive and will, doing jumping jacks.

I went to the bank and I went to Joanne's to buy scrapbooks. I came home tired. Decided it was now or never to take dogs to park. Few dogs there of course. Cloudy but not rainy. We were almost ready to come home when Chance and Buddy arrived.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Mostly I sat around on the table. Grass was wet. No dogs to chase.
Lady Xica's Tale
I spent the time parking cars. Not many to park. by the time Buddy and Chance came I was tired out and ready to come home. Mom was complaining how muddy we were.

Took a nap. Waiting for MI-5. Hi, David

BOOK REVIEW
Niall Ferguson, *The Ascent of Money* (2009)
Exciting new perspective on how the world works. We did a power study in the Valley in 1959. Power studies were all the rage. The one man with the most power was the banker bc he controlled credit.
Ferguson wrote the forward to the paperback edition after the crash of 2008. He defines all the abstruse terms like derivatives.
Ferguson is writing the history of money. The first items are promissory notes in ancient Sumer. still clay tablets exist.
It certainly gives a distinct flavor to history.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: