Saturday, February 6, 2010

February 6, 2010

Up at 9:30 AM. Sun is shining. I am determined to do some quilt piecing today.

What I managed to do is start piecing another quilt.
Dog park was not comfortable. Cloudy and windy. None of the regulars were there on the little dog side. Buddy and Chance were there. Lady Xica and Buddy and Chance ran for the whole hour. Idiots kept standing beside the fence blocking the runway.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Old Buddy and chance kept running and running. People kept standing in the way. Didn't seem to know what was going on. Lots of dogs ran on either side.

Lady Xica's Tale
I really felt energetic today. I ran and ran and ran and ran. Mom was complaining that I got all muddy but Buddy sat down in a mud puddle. One dog jumped over Chance.

We all came home and took a nap. I am subsisting on soup. I have gained back all I lost. I make a soup of canned green beans and tomatoes. 16 points today (Weight Watcher points)

BOOK REVIEW
John sandford, *Heat Lightning* (2008)
Virgil Flowers, police procedural. Virgil works for Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension under the supervision of Lucas Davenport. Two murders, each man propped up under a veteran's memorial in a small town with a lemon between his teeth. Then another. Then another. Virgil hears that Vietnamese put a lemon in the mouth of people they executed. The victims were in a veteran's support group.
So we think there is a Vietnam connection.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: