Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 28, 2010

I saw a cartoon where a couple's bed is taken over by three large great danes. One little heeler/sheltie does it for me, lying on the covers so I freeze to death
4 AM she has gone to sleep on the couch. Probaby too warm on the bed.

I woke from a dream where I had a baby and was a refugee in the wilderness in some primitive Mid Eastern country. In the dream I had escaped from being held in a building.

11:30 AM Gottta get to dog park and back before Martha comes to pick me up to spend aft admiring her new kitchen. Sun is shining.

Pleasant at the dog park. Dozens of dogs. Woman told me that Buddy got into four fights yesterday.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Lots and lots of dog at the park today. I am still tired from yesterday.

Lady Chica's Tale
Not much going on. Lots and lots of big dogs but nobody came over near the fence. I was glad to come home.

Martha picked me up at 2:30 and we just hung out. Jeff had bought champagne for us to toast the new kitchen. Gorgeous. I took a nap. We watched Olympic hockey game. Watched closing ceremony with sound off. music playing.

BOOK REVIEW
T. Jefferson Parker, *California Girl* (2004)
This was told in flash backs and I had a hard time getting into it. Four Beck brothers. had a rumble when they were in high school with the Vonn bros. Saw Janelle, age four.
Later Nick became sheriff's deputy and was in charge of homicide of Janelle, age 19,
Andy is a reporter. This was 1968. Thirty six years later, 2004, Andy uncovers the real murderer. No more said. Martha gets mad at me when I reveal the ending.

No comments: