Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 11, 2010

Up for a pit stop at 6:30 AM. SNOW I looked out the window and the bushes are covered with snow. Snow is coming down in tiny flakes.


Slept till eleven. Slept the clock around. We must have an inch of snow. I dont remember ever seeing so much snow in Texas. The weather man did not expect this much so soon.

Walking the dogs was a nightmare. My footing was treacherous and Blitzen was pulling. IN the field there is three or four inches of snow. I often let the dogs run, leashed together but Blitzen was too oriented toward the cars going past. The sound must have been different. I made it home. I made it home.

Blitzkreig's Tale
We went outside and everything was different. There was this funny stuff all over the ground. I wanted to run and run but Mom is an old slowpoke. Mom is such an old slowpoke. Josh used to come over and play but we never see him any more.

Lady Xica's Tale
Yes, everything was different. Weird stuff. No smell. It was cold on my feet. Blitz wanted to run but I wanted to go home. When we got home, Blitz and I had fun playing and chasing.


4 PM Weather station at DFW has 6.2 inches of snow. The record of all time is 8 inches. David Finfrock (our weatherman) thinks we may break the record. Temp is above freezing. Snow will stop in the night and slush will freeze. Schools are closed.

I am going to send this off at 5 PM before we have a power outage. Snow is weighing down lines.

I did not read a book today. I have been sewing.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: