Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010

Alarm rings at 9, waking me from a pleasant dream and I woke up happy. I used to have a program which put the current temp in the tray on the bottom of my screen, next to time. Diane Reem on NPR is discussing toyota recall. Couldn't care less.
Temp is 32, wind chill 30.

Judy and I discussed finishing unfinished products. This was started by describing my quilt blocks.

Came home and took a nap. At four we set forth for the dog park. Blitzen and LC were bored for a while and started playing with each other. Then came Chance and Lady Chica started running. Finally came Buddy who got into a fight with another dog. I think Buddy attackedthe other dog for getting in his way when Buddy was running.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Chica and I had a lot of fun hassling each other. She wanted me to chase her but I dont have the strength anymore. That Chance is really young with a lot of energy. Buddy is an agressive ol boy.

Lady Xica's Tale
I had a lot of fun today. Nobody was there at first. So Blitz and I hassled each other. Finally Chance came and we did a lot of running. Then ol Buddy turned up. I really dont like Buddy. He is a bully.

BOOK REVIEW
John Sandford, *The Devil's Code* (2000)
A Kidd Novel. Kidd is an artist and a hacker. This novel is all about NSA, spy satellites and encryption of data. Kidd's colleague, Jack Morrison, is shot by a security guard, ostensibly trying to steal encryption codes. Kidd investigates.
In the course of investigation, Kidd flies to Dallas where he says about Dallas traffic, "a pod of Texans headedup the freeway in what seemed to be a rest of Chaos Theory."

Sandford wrote two Kidd novels before he invented Lucas Davenport. Somehow Kidd does not generate such postive reaction. I surmise that Kidd is too far out.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: