Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010

8 am It looks as if I may make it to Sunday School.

At Sunday School we are discussing our childhood versions of Bible stories. Today we discussed the story about four men lowering a paralytic through the roof so that Jesus could heal him.
I think people should think more about the political ramifications of jesus' teaching. At this point in time, Jesus personifies the establishment.
The Pope is urging priests to blog. WWJB
Had lunch at the round table. Talked mostly with David the iceman.

After my nap we went to the dog park. No wind so it was bearable. Chance and Buddy were there. Packs of big busters were running the fence.
This never happens. Blitzen would not come home. he kept barking at a big dog. Finally I put Lady Xica in the car. Blitzen still would not come, but all other dogs were going home. The last person left besides me carefully waited to pull out until I was pulling out. I was impressed.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
I felt really good tonight. Good running weather. Chance and Buddy were there and we had a pack of big busters running. I did not feel like going home when Mom left. I knew she would never leave me behind.

Lady Xica's Tale
Blitzen pulled a Chica tonight. he was determined not to come home. I was ready. I did a lot of running with Buddy and Chance.

7:35PM. I am ready to take another nap. Tired. Being cold tires me.

BOOK REVIEW
John Sandford, *Chosen Prey* (2001)
Lucas Davenport police procedural, chasing a serial killer. We have alternate chapters with the killer, who is an art history professor. Lucas is back with Weather, after an hiatus. The end of the book implies that she is pregnant.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: