Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29, 2009

Thursday night 11 PM. I think the storm has passed us.

8 AM Friday. It is raining but I see no signs of ice. Prediction is freezing drizzle this aft. I think I will stay out of the car. Back to bed.

11 AM Got up. We are having a hiatus between rains. So I will dress and we will walk around the block.
Twice I heard the emergency vehicles go screaming down the street.

We took our walk just in time. It is beginning to sprinkle. The wind chill was fierce. I need to walk the dogs more often. Talk about resistance training. The dogs came home and chased each other around the house at 25 mph. I mean literally.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Mom took us across the street to a big field. Lots of new smells. had a ball.

Lady Xica's Tale
I am glad Mom did not let go of the leash. That horrible Blitzkrieg runs off and Blitzkrieg is his name. He runs down by the creek and gets caught on the branches.

One day I expect to meet a feral hog or a bobcat or a coyote down by the creek.

Martha and I had our more than hour long chat on cell phone as she drives up from Laredo. Jake and Joanna are moving in together Feb 1.
3 PM I feel so cozy and warm inside. Rain has stopped.
4:30PM Feeling cozy and warm altho I think temp is dropping. Temp is 32 degrees with wind chill of 18. Going down to mid-twenties. There will be ice on the roads where puddles stand.
Took a nap for two hours. Evening draws on.

BOOK REVIEW
John Sandford, * Sudden Prey* (1996)
Another Luke Davenport police procedural. Luke has been made deputy chief of Minneapolis PD. In the course of a bank robbery, a woman robber is shot. her husband decides to shoot the spouse of every police officer involved. Cops and robbers.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: