Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 28, 2010

I notice that I have been dating these journall thewrong year. It is 2010.

Up at 10:30 AM. First order of business is to take car to have oil changed.

The oil change took 30 minutes and the commute was one block. So I was home in short order. It was raining and we went to the dog park. After 15 minutes Blitzen asked to go home. I have a slicker with hood in which I look like the pictures on those packages of frozen fish.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
I enjoy the rain but only to a certain extent. I raced around the field and then asked Mom to go home. LC was ready to come home, too. This is the kind of day to sleep.

Lady Chica's Tale
I really love falling water. I get in the shower with Mom every night.

I was settling in for my nap when thunder rolled and rain came down like buckets. I felt snug and warm cuddled next to LC, aka heating pad.
Amazed to find it is only 5:45 PM.
Watched the PBS Newshour. I am getting bored with MI-5, always the same plot. Some terrorist org planning to blow up London.
Checked weather channel. Severe thunderstorms tonight but temp is predicted to stay at 32. So we should not have ice. I am so happy I do not have to commute to a job tomorrow morn.

Turning off computer at 7 PM

BOOK REVIEW
John Sandford, *Winter Prey* (1993)
Lucas Davenport, police procedural. In this volume, Lucas meets Weather, the woman whomhe marries about ten books later. We get the back story on Weather who is a surgeon.


Lucas has left the Minneapolis police dept. (Was he fired for use of unnecessary force?) He is spending the winter in his cabin in northern WI. The sheriff asks him to help investigate a brutal murder. In the remains of a burned out farmhouse the firemen find three bodies. Add to this a gay priest.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: