Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2, 2010

I have returned three books to library. I have sworn a solemn vow not to set foot inside library until I am returning the last of the books I have out. I returned books outside.
I will then borrow the remaining Galadon books and start requesting.

Saturday morning 9:30 AM. Blitzen demanded his breakfast.
I woke from a dream that I was helping to start a new AA group from scratch.

I took a nap and we went to dog park at 2:30. Beautiful day. I wore my coat but took it off. The regulars were there. Most of the time Blitzen and Lady Chica chased bikes and ran around in general. No racing the fence this day.

Blitzen's Tale
What is there to say? Some bike folks came and sat down just outside the fence, but I got bored. The big dogs were all big busters who dont run.

Lady Chica's Tale
I have fun chasing anything. There is a man named Bill who calls me a wolf. Lots of people say I look like a wolf. I dont think so. I am a dingo dog and dingoes were not much removed from wolves.

I slept for about three hours. Uncle Mark writes that he is waiting for today's report. I installed Artist Gold which makes greeting cards, but my printer is not working again. I think that next week I may go to library and look up printers in consumer reports and get a new one.

BOOK REVIEW:
Michael Pollan, *Botany of Desire*
Chapter Three: marijuana
A lot has been happening behind my back since the sixties. In the seventies Mexico began sprinkling marijuana with pesticide. So nort americanos began growing inside. They found a new species which grows in the mountains, more suited to our climate. Then they crossed two species. At any rate, I knew marijuana was stronger but not how it came to be. Now only the stamens are used, not leaves.
I guess Nevada Barr did not know either. She had her characters harvesting leaves and stems.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: