Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30, 2010

11 AM Blitzen loudly proclaims he wants breakfast. Finally got up. He is relentless. At least the house is illuminated by the sun. I have been turning on lights.

We took off for a library run and the dog park. Few dogs there. After an hour Blitzen was whining to come home and Lady Xica wanted to play chase. (Blitzen almost never whines. Mostly he demands loudly.) I am exhausted. I finally got her into the air lock and eventually she came up to the gate.
A flock of gulls was hovering over the pond which had developed in the soccer field.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
A little winter weather goes a long way. Mom put my sweater on me and that felt good. Not many dogs there. We did get a few running once in a while.

Lady Xica's Tale
I get to running and nothing else matters. Old Blitzen wanted to go home. So Mom chained him to the fence while she chased me. She doesn't run very fast.

I came home and slept for three hours. Whew. I had an interesting dream. I was attending some kind of convention. A long line of women were waiting at the rest room. So I got in my car and was looking for somewhere to go to the restroom. Pat, somehow you were running around with me.

BOOK REVIEW
John Sandford, *Dark of the Moon* (2007)
Sandford is introducing a new protagonist, Lucas Davenport getting too old. Lucas works for Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. Working under his supervision is Virgil Flowers.
Virgil is in his late thirties, rather a rebel.
Virgil is sent out state to investigate a double homicide. As he drives into town he sees a fire. An old man is burned up in an arson.
police procedural

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: