Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14, 2009

Woke from a dream that I was living in 18th century and was trying to find a dress to wear to some gala.
9:44 AM and back to bed.
I really should go to dog park right now.
but I am sleepy.
Well, turned out I was too wired to sleep. So set forth for dog park. The drizzle let up while we were at the park. Dogs were bored. No little dogs. Few big dogs.
I have spoiled pups. Blitzen thinks the Lazyboy belongs to him. He barks at me when Isit in it.

Blitzen's Tale
Dog owners are such weinies. Nobody out today. Not even anybicycles to chase.

Lady Chica's Tale
I stood at the fence watching for cars to park. Nobody came. No dogs, no cars. Bored

took a nap. 6:00 PM Listening to President Clinton describe Haiti. He says it is indescribable.

BOOK REVIEW
Diana Gabaldon, *Outlander* (1991)
The story opens in 1945 (1946 in the English edition). Claire Randall is on vacation in Soctland with her husband. Claire has been an army nurse for four years, working near the front lines. She is interested in herbs, and in the process of gathering a flower she touches some standing stones and is thrust 200 years into the past.
She finds herself in the Scottish Highlands. The English think her a spy. She marries Jamie Fraser in order to become a Scottish citizen. Jamie is an outlaw and they have many adventures. In some ways this is a romance novel. It won a prize as such.
The writing draws one in. I am dreaming 18th century.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: