Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25, 2009

Up at 9 before the alarm rings. Feeling good. No benedryl last night. No pains. off to Wendy's to meet Judy.

Judy and I sat depressing each other about the state of the nation. when I got home, Judy called 2 say the motorsickles were there. I am taking a nap.

I bought a Mother of the Bride dress. It is composed of four fabrics, pieced like a crazy quilt. I love it. Long dress. I will make top into a jacket. It is deep purple but not dark. I love it.

We went to dog park about five. Not warm but not cold. I wore a sweater (not ski jacket). Blitzen and Lady Chica played with each other. They ran with Buddy. In general got some exercise. I am so tired.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
We horsed around at thepark, had fun. Played with LC. Ran with Buddy.

Lady Chica's Tale
Not many dogs at the park. Mom was reading. We ran with Buddy. I think we finally tired him out. Another little dog was running withhim. Blitz and I played together. We usually dont do that at the park. I like to grab B's leg.

BOOK REVIEW
Clyde Edgerton, *Raney* (1985)
Rany is a small town Free Will Baptist and Charles is a liberal librarian from Atlanta. I emphasize librarian. Some of my best friends are librarians. And in the Riots at SIU, they were themost radical. This is the story of their marriage. They started out by playing country music together.
In some ways country music is a symbol. For Rany, it is normal music. For Charles, it is folk music.
I did not find this funny. I found it heart wrenching. I think the ending tells it all. The baby was baptized at the Episcopal church and the Baptists held a reception. The godfather was black, an army friend of the father.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

I just realized I have been saying 2009. It is 2010

No comments: