Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 19, 2009

Last night a reader said my late night would haunt me in the morning. This is the haunted morning. Up at 7:30 to get to Baptist Center. Predicted temp todayin the 70's.

Baptist Center
Slow this morning. Lots of people have temp jobs at stock show. 10 family units for groceries at 10:25PM
Altogether 14 family units by closing time.

I came home and took a short nap. Then I had a massage. Leah, my massage, therapist spent last week at something called the Chili Bowl. Small cars racing on an indoor track. She did not enjoy the week. I heard detail by detail.

Came home and went to dog park. Kelly came in and talked. Kelly talks and talks. The dogs ran off and on. Buddy was there when we came in. He was chasing our car on the road.

Blitzkreig's Tale
Buddy was there and we ran off and on. We ran and rested, ran and rested.

Lady Chica's Tale
Buddy was there. I ran on and off, on and off. Not much doing.

Came home. Booted up computer and my sister called on Skype. I feel as if I were living in Brave New World. She showed me pirate tee shirt she bought for her grandson in Oz.
I am tired, tired, tired. Massage tires me out.

BOOK REVIEW
Diana Gabaldon, *Drums of Autumn* (1997)
Fourth book in Outlander series. Claire and Jamie Fraser are blown ashore in Georgia, American colonies. Jamie's aunt has a plantation in North Carolina. Clare and Jamie head there, where the governor gives Jamie a huge land grant (the gov assuming Jamie will keep law and order on the frontier). Jamie brings in men from where he was in prison. They were in prison for the Rising, but it was treason.
I so enjoy this book for the picture it paints of life in the wilderness. They build a cabin, produce their own food.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: