Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18, 2009

Up by 8:45 am. wow. Sun is shining. Temp will be 68 today. This week temps will be in sixties.
Meeting Judy at Wendy's at eleven.

HUMOR
TCU has a mascot, horned frog. One week TCU had a big game and they died a pond purple, urged people to wear purple. Now. Town Talk has a big sign board telling what the special is today. I drove by and saw FROGS. How can they sell frogs? Are frog legs frozen? Oh,yeah. Big delicacy.
The next trip I saw GO FROGS.

Judy and I discussed Haiti. I did not realize until this aft and evening that Haiti only had one runway at the airport. Furthermore, the port is damaged. What a mess. One dr said they were practicing Civil War medicine (our war of northern aggression). They are amputating limbs that are becoming infected bcthey have no antibiotics.

I took a nap. Then Off tothe dog races. Happily Chance was there and my dogs ran and ran. When we were going out, Buddy was coming in and he howled long and hard that we were leaving. Blitzen still has issues about his name.

Blitzkreig's Tale
I have decided to change my name. This is what I am, a blitzkreig. So there, too. I suppose Mom will still use my old name for my "call name".

Lady Chica's Tale
That Blitzen is so stupid. I am embarressed to be seen withhim at the dog park. I had a great time running with Chance. She and I are buddies.

BOOK REVIEW
Barack Obama, *Audacityof Hope*
I have read this before, two years ago during the election campaign. I think every citizen should read this. Obama lays out his value system. He is proceding according to his lights. He also says that politics is "a contact sport".
For one thing, he is being a constitutional president, eschewing the empirical presicdency that has been developing since LBJ.








Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: