Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2009

Yeah!!! I found my scraper.
I wentoutside --- 24 degrees --- and much to my surprise found my car covered with frost. My MI scraper disappeared long since.
fortunately I started early.

10 AM One hour at the Baptist Center and 17 family units wanting food pantry.

Altogether 25 and only one Hispanic. Wow

Came home and took a nap. Then over to the dog park. Finally, finally Chase and Buddy arrived and Lady Chica got some exercise. She is flopped out now. Thank goodness. When she does not get enough exercise she goes on the prowl, searching thru all the waste baskets.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom is such a party pooper. There was this little dog still unfixed and I wanted to show him who's boss but Mom put me on time out. Finally Chase and Buddy arrived and we got some running in.

Lady Chica's tale
I couldn't get anybody to run. Finally Chance and Buddy showed up. Buddy got into a fight with Tiger. She is a girl dog. He shouldn't be fighting her.

And so it goes.

BOOK REVIEW
Nevada Barr, *Superior Death* (1994)
Anna Pigeon is stationed on Isle Royal in Lake Superior. The focus of this book is a sunken freighter from the 1920's in Lake Superior. Lake Superior never gives up her dead because they do not decompose in the cold water. Another corpse is found in the engine room of the sunken vessal.

Nevada Barr, *Ill Wind* (1995)
Colorado's Mesa Verde National Park is noted for its well-preved cliff dwellings, the sole legacy of the Anasazi civilization, which vanished without any other trace in the twelfth century.
Anna Pigeon is transfered here, with a promotion. And of course a body is found in one of the ancient kivas. Frederick the Fed is sent by the FBI, the body being found on federal ground.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: