Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23, 2009

Slept until eleven. I have to hustle. Dropping pups at Pup's. Pup really is his name. Then off to set up exhibit at Woodland West, on Park Row near Tom Thumb.

7 PM I am exhausted but I have had so much fun. I got to library at 12:45. The setup took me five minutes. We had three partially fnished quilts. also a scrapbook.. Somebody was talking to us all the time. I saw other booths. gourds, buttons, GSP orienting.

Blitzkrig's Tale
Lady Xica's Tale
What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's

Oda Mae and Russ were here today, visiting their house. Russ has to hve radiation. My favorite neighbor has given up the ghost. Doris was alwaysthe life of the party. She wore funny hats. I mean hats meant to be entertaining. She got shingles, worse and worse. Then she contracted an infection in the hospital.

BOOK REVIEW
Diana Gabaldon, *Brotherhood of the Blade* (2007)
Third Lord John book. Brotherhood of the blade is just the bonding of soldiers. This book is complex. The theme of the book is repairing the honor of Lord John's father. The fa was accused of treason (giving info to French troops) but was a duke and House of Lordsdid not want to try him. He could only be triedby his peers. Lord John finally tracks down traitorsand exonerates his fa.
Jamie Fraser plays a cameo role. At this point Jamie is on parole working as a groom.

I seem to be living in the 18th century. Last night I was watching MI-5 and was amazed that Heathrowwas in the story.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: