Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

Made it to SS and church. In SS somebody mentioned Darwin. People think "survival of the fitest" means individual survival. Not so. It means survival of your offspring. I was thinking about how important the female is to this process. She produces the offspring from her own body(means eating for two) and sometimes she nurtures.

I was taking a nap. I went to sleep thinking of dinosaurs and evolution. I was preparing an important theoretical paper on evolution when Blitzen rudely awakened me. Off to dog park.

And I come home exhausted and tired out. It got colder and colder and colder. I think NPR said it is 29 degrees now. The dogs loved it. Chance and Buddy were there and both dogs raced and raced.

Blitzen's Tale
Chance and Buddy were there and we had a good old run. Lots of other big busters were there, too. Mom said it was too cold for her. People get cold too fast.

Lady Chica's Tale
I deigned to run with Buddy today. I was in the right mood. I was ready to come home but I did some more running just to get Mom to catch me. I like to play catch with her.

4:41 PM I am sending this. I intend to take a nap and Uncle Mark will be complaining he has not gotten the report from the dogs.

BOOK REVIEW
Richard Montaneri, *Badlands*
Another serial killer, another police procedural. I am tired of getting into the mind of a serial killer. Badlands is an area of Philadelphia. Kevin Byrne and Jessica Balzano are homicide dicks with PPD.
Well written and interesting.
Especially if you like serial killers.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: