Sunday, February 14, 2010

february 14, 2020

8:20 AM Up for a pit stop. Most of the snow is gone. Some remaining on roof tops. Many of the sidewalks are dry.

Up at 10:30 am I was thinking. Martha is remodeling her kitchen and I am envious of her new refrigerator and convection oven. The refrigerator has the freezer in a drawer at the bottom. So much more rational.
If I won the 46 million dollar lottery, what would I do? I like living here. I would buy the whole compound. I would get myself an automatic gate opener for staters. I would stay in this apartment while I remodeled another. I would knock out some walls to make one apt out of three.
I would put a skylight in the kitchen. Maybe two or three. I had a skylight in Houston and I loved it. Then I would get new appliances. I would get some new furniture.

I told Martha my fantasy. She laughed and said for 46 million we could build a house for her with a mother-in-law house behind it.


Then I would buy new pews for the church.
That done, I would set up a chair in sociology with my name. The Elizabeth Nall chair of sociology. I could do it at both SIU and Michigan State. Maybe I could call one of them my mother's name. Or Libby. That one could be at Uof T. They would be tax deductions.

So much for fantasy.

Martha came over to review dress for MOB. The top doesn't fit. We decided on what we want. She brot laundry bc her washer is not plugged in.
Then we walked dogs. Rather she walked and I tottered along behind. She also brot left overs. One was cherry sauce on chicken. Oh, my.

I proof read a paper for Lea. Now for a nap.

BOOK REVIEW
Harold Coyle, *They are Soldiers* (2004)
Coyle has changed his milieu to Middle East. In this volume a National Guard Unit is deployed to keep peace between Israel and Palestine. The captain is regular army. He learns the benefits of "community" for National Guard {they are soldiers}.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: