Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 7, 2010

I woke up from my dream and kept on dreaming. What is that called, Carol?
Iwas attending a big AlAnon convention. It was chaos. Everybody was discussing and arguing at the top of their lungs.
I was supposed to make a joint presentation with another woman I had never met and she never showed up.

I managed to get to Sunday School. We were discussing the storyof the tower of Babel. What do you remember of your childhod teachings? How do you see it now. We had a spirited discussion.
Church and lunch at the round table.

After a nap we took off for the dog park. What a miserable day. We managed to make it between drizzles. Everybody else was home watching The Game. My goodness, NPR--- yes, NPR announced the score at the end of the first quarter.


Blitzkrieg's Tale
Nobody at the park. Mom says they were all home watching the game, whatever that means. I wound up playing with my sister. Grr.

Lady Chica's tale
Not much doing at the park. Mom says I have learned to play half fetch. She throws the doll's head and I chase it. Then she has to chase me to grab it. Blitz and I were pulling on the doll, and I got the head and Blitz got the body.

BOOK REVIEW
Keith McCarthy, *The Silent Sleep of the Dying* (2004)
This novel reads like a text book. McCarthy is a histopathologist (whatever that is) and his hero is a consulting pathologist. John Eisenmenger is called on to investigate a strange episode. A woman died of cancer and her body was mistakenly cremated. It turns out the autopsy was faked. The woman died of a multitude of cancers. She worked for a pharmaceutical company. And the plot takes off from there.
There are interesting descriptions.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: