Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2, 2010

4:30 AM Up for pit stop, waking from a wild dream. In that most recent John Sanford, Kidd was crawling around the Texas prairie outside Crawford.

My Master's Thesis was the first disaster study ever. The only literature available was the air force survey of bombing in WWII. I did interviewing in Flint following the tornado in 1953. I studied the response of formal orgs: Red Cross, Salvation Army, Michigan State Police. In that tornado several blocks of houses were just vanished. Vanished. I saw a refrigerator in a tree.
I was fascinated that the neighbors were in shock. I mean shock. The inhabitants of the houses were dead.

Baptist Center. I was steadily working all morning. 15 units got groceries

Dog park was sort of uneventful today. Medium cold. I did not wear enuf. My hands got cold. Blitzen did not get in trouble. Lady Xica got a lot of exercise.

Blitzkrieg's Tale
Dog park was sort of boring today. The big busters kept getting in fights but they were always on the other side of the fence.

Lady Xica's Tale
I did a lot of running this evening. Everything seemed sort of quiet. Neither Buddy nor Chance came by this evening.

Quiet evening at home reading.

BOOK REVIEW
Malcolm Palmer, *Silent Treatment* (1995)
I have renewed this book twice and I cant get interested. It may be that I have read this book before in the long long ago. I said before that reading Palmer's novels convinces one that one does not want to go to a hospital.
This novel is about doctors and a hospital and an HMO.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: