Monday, July 7, 2008

Ellen Hart

1:25 am I sleep and dream and wake, discernment of each dissolving as one slides into another.
***************
I set the alarm and planned to go to yoga but I just couldn't. My shoulder ached and I cannot endure the torture of exercise.

I sort of rested today. by late afternoon my shoulder stops hurting. PPQS meeting tonight. Lea and I are going to Puerto Villarta in September. Tonight we were booking airline tickets. Took forever.

BOOK REVIEW
Ellen Hart, *The Oldest Sin*
The oldest sin is eating. After all, Eve ate the apple. Sophie Greenway owns a hotel in St. Paul, Minn. One of her college room mates has a support group for fat ladies. (It is now a big time organization.) They are having a national convention at the hotel the same time as a fundamentalist church. Sophie has a small reuinion of college room mates. They all attended a fundamentalist church college. Some have strayed and one remains in the church. The CEO of the fat ladies is poisoned. Eating? Get it? And the game is afoot.
A great deal of the book is devoted to the politics of the fundamentalist church.

No comments: