Sunday, July 6, 2008

Gillian Roberts

The alarm rang and I just could not get out of bed. So I missed church. My arm is not hurting this morning. Yeah.
Lady Chica is so tired she ate her lunch lying down and now she is asleep in her den.
Temp was 88 and humidity low. So I took dogs to Ft. Woof in order to clear up this evening for a meeting. during noon hour no other small dogs. Lady Chica went through the last half of agility all by herself. The goal is to go thru the whole thing all by herself. Blue does. Then she gave me a run for my money in order to go home. She runs all over.

I took a nap and went to an AlAnon meeting. First Sunday is always "Newcomers Meeting". We talk about AlAnon.




BOOK REVIEW
Gillian Roberts, *The Bluest Blood*
By now I feel that Amanda Pepper is an old friend. She teaches high school in Philadelphia and she spends about a third of the book complaining about her students. She teaches in an expensive private school for rich kids.
One set of parents is holding a fund raiser for the school. And then there is the Moral Environmentalists who burn books. The MEs picket the school wanting certain books removed from the library. And the leader of the cult is the step father of one of the students. then this leader is murdered and the game is afoot.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: