Friday, July 25, 2008

Sunshine and Shadow

We were up and out to the dog park by 8:45 am. I went before breakfast. Judy was there and we had fun chatting.
Then the dogs had a fight. A little jack russel snapped at Blitzen and he retaliated.
I lost my temper when the owner told me to take my aggressive dog out of the park. I used the f word. Her dog had already attacked two other dogs, including Szabo. She complained that Blitzen didn't have a collar. Well, he lost that in the fight.
Then she came over and harangued me that I did not get up and stop the fight. By that time I thought she was humorous. She decided I was too old to jump up and control my dog.

I know that I lose my temper when people deny something. I need to prepare myself. also be more proactive about Blitzen, altho that snippy dog was fast.
I despise jack russels. They are aggressive and their owners do not realize that or acknowledge.

I dropped by Senior Center bc Lee D called to see if I was OK. Then I made a library run. I think I have taken two naps today. Went to AlAnon birthday night. Leta celebrated and gave a moving talk.
Naomi from DID 12 step AA once asked me why we AlAnons celebrated birthdays. I think it is a chance to look at how far one has come.

BOOK REVIEW
Earlene Fowler, *Sunshine and Shadow*
cozy quilting mystery. This is a series where each title is the name of a quilting pattern. Benni Harper is curator of a quilt museum. In this case an old friend of her husband comes to town and is slain. Benni's husband is chief of police and formerly with LA police department. Is the killer somebody out of Gabe's past? I guessed the plot.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: