Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gillian Roberts

I lay in bed hitting the snooze button thinking I had an hour to spare. Oh,no. I leaped up and threw on my clothes. Security officer asked if I combed my hair.
The dogs get tired with their outing at Lea's backyard. Blitzen did not even get out of bed. Lady Chica checked that I was going bye bye and she curled up in her favorite chair.

I came home exhausted. I was so tired I did not untie my shoes. I think more people are hostile. People seeking food pantry argue when I ask to see proof of residence. I had to turn two people away. It was explained that if people could get groceries just anywhere they would drive around and around getting free food and selling it.
Two families drove off with each of two grocery carts.
One man asked Nancy for two lunch sacks. Upon being refused, he accused her of racial prejudice. That was almost funny.

Well, wearing my shoes I took a nap. Went to Ft. Woof. We came home. As I was unlocking the door, Blitzen took off. I guess I did not have the leash locked securely.
The whole neighborhood was mobilized. I was terrified bc Blitzen crossed the street behind us. He only stayed out about ten minutes. Usually he stays out forty, but he is getting exervise at the park. I am totally exhausted. What a day!!!



BOOK REVIEW
Gillian Roberts, *All's well that Ends*
This is the last book in the Amanda Pepper series, by ukase of the author. The author did not want the series to deteriorate.
Amanda has married her cohab, the homicide dick. Meanwhile MacKenzie, the detective, has gone back to grad school to get his doctorate in criminology.
Amanda's friend's step mother dies in a mysterious fasion. Amanda is still teachig but working on her PI certification part time.
I dont think the following spoils the ending. Mackenzie's extended family lives near New Orleans and are devastated by hurricane. Eventually after the crime is solved, Amanda and MacKenzie with their cat move to New Orleans.
Having finished the book I agree with the author. She has lost her verve. She says on her web site that Amanda did not age. Faye Kellerman has her characters age. Clive Cussler had Dirk Pitt dig up two children he had never known he had. The younguns do all the exciting stuff.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: