Monday, July 14, 2008

Gerry Boyle

Woke up at 8 AM. Threw a bunch of towels and such in the washer. Going back to bed after sending Ruth an addition to family tree. Ruth has worked up a web site for me. It is so exciting.

Well, management inspected my apartment at 2 PM. It looked like a model apartment for rent. Sylvia, the mgr, brot the new maintenance man, Tony, who seems rational. Anyhow, I passed inspection and Tony fixed the pump on my toilet.

Went over for PPQS meeting and pick up dogs. Lady Chica was tired and glad to get home. She met me at the gate. Both dogs are tired. I am exhausted. And high as a kite. On adrenalin. I am so releived I passed inspection.

BOOK REVIEW:
Gerry Boyle, *Borderline*
I think the title has to do with the two young people Jack McMorrow met. I am skipping the middle of this book because it is boring.
McMorrow has contracted to write a travel article on Benedict Arnold's trek to conquer Quebec. obvious he failed. We are not speaking French.
I had no idea Arnold was trying to conquer Quebec.

Gerry Boyle, *Pretty Dead*
This book is fun and moves. Boyle's style varies so much. I did guess the plot. Jack McMorrow is a stringer for the NY Times. His cohab is a social worker. Roxanne, the social worker, is called to investigate a case of alleged child abuse, the child of wealthy parents. Complications ensue.

Gerry Boyle, *Cover Story*
This book was written earlier than the above. I think this was a turning point in Boyle's writing. In it Jack McMorrow is hired as a stringer for New York Times. the mystery has to do with the assassination of the mayor of New York.
Apparently Boyle has given up writing travelogues of Maine.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: