Friday, July 11, 2008

Rick Riordan

I had a dreadful dream. I was a tourist in New York city and I put my purse down and it vanished. (I remember in Israel I wore a belly bag). Waking from that nightmare I got up and went to the bathroom. Went back and slept like a log. Woke at 8 am and walked dogs in a beautiful morning.
Baby bird has died. Wrong. I went to take it to trash and found it alive. I gave it some water and put it into a hanging plant where maybe the parents could feed it. They are still hanging around yapping.
Eventually the baby bird did perish.
I intend to spend the day tidying in preparation for Martha helping me clean tomorrow.

I worked all day. I am amazed at what I can do when I put my mind to it.
9:15 PM We just got back from Fort Woof. Days are slowly getting shorter.

BOOK REVIEW
Rick Riordan, *Big Red Tequila* (on tape)
This is the first novel in the Tres Navarre series. The title comes from Tres' memories of high school and drinking tequila and Big Red (a soda). Tres is raised in San Antonio. He leaves when his father, Bexar County sheriff, is assasinated. He goes to California and gets his PhD in English. Unable to find a job he works as an investigator for a law firm. The book begins when Tres returns to San Antonio after ten years.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: