Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 14

The lawn mowers were here early. Need I say more. I think that dogs domesticated humans. After all, it was the idea of dogs to trail along after the nomads, eating leftovers. They probably helped the humans sharpen their hunting skills.

Once again I ache all over. I feel as if I had been out playing softball or something. What am I doing? Arthritis Index is Very High. Temp going up to 90 today. Aha. prob of thunder storms this afternoon.

I spent the day working steadily on my sewing projects. I have a huge pile of quilt blocks. Then we went to dog park.

I watched Public television, *The Dead Speak* or something like that. It was a story about michelangelo and how he and a grp were trying to cleanse Catholic church.
Then I watched CSI (in Nevada) and then NYPD CSI. That ended with a Who Shot JR? episode. The crowd was in a bar making a toast and somebody shot at them.

Lady Chica's Tale
Not much doing at the dog park. Not many dogs there.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom was after me as usual cuz I was trying to hump some dogs. They gotta be kept in line.

BOOK REVIEW
Walter Mosley, *The Man in my Basement*
This is a weird book. Mosley is black and has black protagonists. A black man keeps a white man in his basement. I think it has symbolic significance. Mosley said that he got the idea when he said black men need to keep a white man in the basement to tell him how to get along in the corporate world.

Yesterday I heard an interview with new president of Howard Univ. He had been pres of Bowling Green. (One of my grad assistants in on faculty there.) Said he thot that society didn't know what to do with him.

No comments: