Sunday, May 31, 2009

May 31, 2009

Changed alarm to 9:30. I absolutely want to make it to church to hear pastor on call. They term it "preaching on call". At the service we vote.

Note that Texas congressmen and woman are coming out strongly NOT to dis Sonia S. There are a lot of Latino voters in Texas.

Today is Pentecost and I forgot to wear red. We approved of our new pastor. We vote by standing. Most of the auditorium stood up for Yeah. Only five people voted nay. I wonder why. His wife was wearing a Pucci print.
Dr. Beasley looks about 12 years old. And I thot his wife was his daughter. I liked the sermon. He talked about Celtic Christianity and how they have a wild goose for the symbol of God's spirit rather than a dove. I want to find a wild goose pin or pendant.

Took a nap. Off to the dog park where we met Ken and Judy with Szabo. I did carry out instructions to walk. I am tired. Judy says I'm getting old.

Lady Chica's Tale
The first thing I did in the park was jump into the pool. It would be fun if we had a back yard with a pool. Blitzen jumped in, too. We didn't do much running. Mom dragged me thru that stupid agility course. Szabo wouldn't go thru a tunnel.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom never has the energy to drag me thru the agility course after she gets finished with Chica. Old Szabo was there with his mom and dad.

Sunday evening and I plan to watch Wallender.
Szabo was at the park with his mom and dad.

BOOK REVIEW
Jeffry Deaver, *Blue Nowhere*
If you want to understand what Pres Obama is talking about when he appoints a cybersecurity cazr, this is the book for you. Wyatt Gillette is in federal prison for Computer Fraud. The DoD thinks he broke a security encryption. He denies that, but he breaks other encryption just for the fun of it.
A woman has been murdered and the police think her computer was accessed by a remote computer. The computer cop has read some articles by Gillette and wants him to investigate. The cop gets him out temporarily.
You learn a lot about computer hacking. The killer has gone out of bounds. He is playing a computer game with real people for victims. Fascinating book.

No comments: